For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been talking about starting a dating blog or “dating” section of Mindfully Glamfor some time now.
Ta-daaaa! Welcome to my first post!
I love talking about dating. Maybe it’s because I studied Psychology in college, or maybe it’s because I’m a child of divorce. Most likely it’s a combination of both..and then some.
Relationships fascinate me, and I’m so excited to announce this new addition to my blog. All I hope is that people will continue to want to date me, despite me talking about dating..
I’m no expert, but I’ve had my heart ripped out of my chest, thrown on the ground, stomped on, and THEN driven over by a bus, to only give it back to the person who caused all the pain & damage in the first place…more times than I’d like to admit.
For some dumb reason, I still wear my heart on my sleeve. I have an optimistic view on love when I have several reasons not to. I’m a hopeless romantic at heart, I guess. Sigh.
Without further adieu, here are 27 lessons & hard truths I’ve learned about dating thus far:
- Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.
- Opposites don’t typically attract. Birds of a feather flock together.
- There’s a huge difference between Mrs. Right and Mrs. Right Now // Mr. Right and Mr. Right Now. Know who you’re looking for.
- Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words.
- Someone’s effort is a reflection of their interest in you. If he’s not reaching out, he’s not interested in you.
- You attract what you project. If you keep attracting the wrong type of person, look internally as to why.
- We’re all damaged and affected by our pasts. There is always an explanation (typically a deeply-rooted one) behind someone’s actions.
- Sadly, so many people are afraid to fall in love and truly be happy.
- The right person will know all of your weaknesses and never use them against you.
- If a person walks out of your life, let them. A person who truly loves you will never let you go, no matter how hard the situation might be.
- It takes us time to learn what’s good (and who’s good) for us.
- You can’t force anyone to love you.
- Never beg for attention. Seek respect – it lasts longer.
- It is better to be alone than to be with someone who makes you question your worth.
- How you get them is how you’ll lose them.
- Anyone you chase in life will run away – ESPECIALLY MEN.
- No response is a response. It’s a powerful one at that.
- The hardest battle is between what you know and how you feel.
- When someone treats you like they don’t care, believe them.
- Nobody is ever “too busy.” It all depends on where you fall on their priority list.
- A mistake repeated more than once is called a decision.
- Indecision is a decision. Walk away from people who give you mixed feelings.
- You will lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn’t care about losing you.
- A lying man will never be able to handle an honest woman.
- Trust is the most expensive thing on this planet. It can take years to build and seconds to lose.
- The moment when you start to question if you deserve better, you do.
- You won’t find the man of your dreams until you become the woman of your dreams. Fall in love with yourself first.